Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pillow


I made this pillow for a gift for somebody a long time ago. Now that I look at the picture, I don't like ruffles anymore, I must have liked them at one time.
Things change, colour choices change. Back in 1987, I was making a sampler quilt that had tons of hand applique, embroidery and pieced blocks. It was a a lot of work and was about half way hand quilted. I never did finish it because I didn't like the colours anymore. Remember the dusty rose/blue/green 80's colours? YUCK!
I wonder if that'll ever come back in style? I hope not.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

A surprising number of people pick dusty rose for their shirt printing colour. I have no idea what's wrong with them.

Psychoquilter said...

Dusty rose is such a puky colour!

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...