Monday, March 1, 2010

Bow Tie


I made this quilt for my daughter, Lindsay when she was little. It took ages to make because it's hand quilted. She saw how long it took to do the work on it and was waiting for the day when it could be put on her bed. There happened to be a quilt conference in another town that some of the guild ladies were going to right at the time I put the last stitches into the quilt They asked if they could borrow the quilt for show and tell. Four year old Lindsay said "that quilt is not leaving this house!" The ladies said "it would only be gone for two days, then she could have it back", so finally, Lindsay agreed to let them take it.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...