Saturday, March 16, 2013
UFO #4 and #5 completed for 2013 I did a demo at the quilting guild on machine applied binding, so I made 2 potholders to demonstrate the techniques. One person said I couldn't claim these as completed UFO's because they were only potholders, lol! I said it's my challenge, I make up my own rules :) These blocks were in my block box for more than 10 years, so they qualify as being well aged objects! The first one was bound with a faux piped binding, the other one was a regular machine binding. I don't really like the fabrics I used for the second one, they are too dark, there isn't much contrast. Oh well, live and learn.
Saturday, March 9, 2013
This quilt is almost the same as the one a few posts ago, but the quilting is different. The first one had curvy quilting going diagonally across each square, this one has wavy lines going vertically and and crosswise. I used muslin for the back, I like using that because it's so soft after it's quilted. The quilt was given away as a favour for a friend.
Friday, March 8, 2013
I quilted and bound this quilt top made by Donna Madden. I've had the top at my place for the past ten years, so it was a well aged UFO! I tried a new machine quilting design (new to me, anyway). I want to keep learning new designs so I can have a variety to pick from. The thread I used was a variegated aqua coloured Signature thread that my sister sent for Christmas. I didn't know what to use for binding, then finally came across a black, multicolour dot print that was in my stash. After an entire decade, Donna was able to have her quilt back!