Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Yay, I finally finished something! All that's left to do is a label and tying off thread ends. I was having a lot of trouble seeing black thread on black binding that was going on a black print border while I was sewing. I made this quilt for a person named Cleo who did a lot of carpentry work for us last summer. She did a good job and didn't charge a huge amount, so this is a thank you gift for her. There is no pattern for this, I made up the block layout myself.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
I just finished this "Film at Five" quilt top. The pattern is from the "Wedding Dress Blue" blog. She has great tutorials on there. I started this quilt top last spring, but it was set aside while I worked on other projects. I thought I better dig out the pieces and make it into a top to hang out with the rest of them in the closet. (See the previous post about this matter) That'll still add up to nineteen of them because I took one out to quilt at our next guild retreat. I'm going to get that one finished, then donate it as a comfort quilt.
Saturday, January 3, 2015
There was a bit of a disaster at my place several days ago. The hot water tank, which is located in the spare bedroom closet, started leaking from the bottom. I use that room for a sewing area, so there were boxes of fabric and quilt tops stored in that closet. I had to haul everything out and sort out what was wet and what wasn't. I'm not an organized person, so it takes a crisis to get me in motion! I rounded up all the quilt tops and put them on hangers- all nineteen of them. That isn't all the UFOs, there are many items that are half quilted, stacks of quilt blocks and WIPs (works in progress) Anyway, there is a great clean up happening in that room. Maybe a water leak is a blessing in disguise.