Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quilt for Cleo

Yay, I finally finished something! All that's left to do is a label and tying off thread ends. I was having a lot of trouble seeing black thread on black binding that was going on a black print border while I was sewing. I made this quilt for a person named Cleo who did a lot of carpentry work for us last summer. She did a good job and didn't charge a huge amount, so this is a thank you gift for her. There is no pattern for this, I made up the block layout myself.
When I quilted it, I stitched in the ditch beside the squares, then free motion quilted little feathers and swirls in the big edge triangles. This is what the quilting looks like from the back.
I'm beginning to think my I-Phone takes better pictures than the Canon Power shot, the colours come out truer.

1 comment:

Psychoquilter said...

I'm very happy to say that Cleo loved the quilt! I gave it to her when we went to our cabin in July.

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...