Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Friendship Star Quilt Completed

My Friendship Star quilt is all done. It's not too old of a project, the blocks were made last year. I'm not entirely happy with the quilting, it doesn't seem to suit the block design. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now. I used up two big pieces of Moda fabric on the back. The colour isn't true in the photos, no matter how I tried, I couldn't capture what it really looks like. The dotted fabric is more of a gold and brown colour. It was nice to use up a bunch of that stuff because I haven't had a lot of brown/tan/gold fabrics in my quilts in the past few years.

2 comments:

tlwquilts4u said...

I think the quilt design is lovely. Other than outlining each star this looks like a good choice to me. Great job and congratulations to finishing an UFO!
Teresa W from QFT

Psychoquilter said...

Thanks, Teresa! With some quilts, it isn't easy to decide on a quilting design. I was second-guessing myself after quite a bit of the quilting was done. I wasn't about to pick out all those stitches, so I kept going

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...