Saturday, February 17, 2018

Robes By Lindsay

Lindsay made some robes for us when they were here for a visit. We drafted them to our own measurements using the tutorial in the February edition of the Sew Long, Sew Happy Zine, with much assistance from my cat, Igor. Lindsay picked up the jersey fabric in Winnipeg before coming here. I have always been leery of working with knits, but they are a pro at it. My old serger was put into service, after a good cleaning and oiling. I helped cut out some of the fabric, using food cans for fabric weights. Lindsay did the rest of the cutting and sewing. there was satin trim on one robe and the other was cotton, the main fabric was knit jersey.

2 comments:

Susan G said...

I can see Igor is a lot of help too. Nice job Lindsay -- love the socks.

Psychoquilter said...

Lindsay crocheted the socks that she's wearing :)

Another One Completed

I don't know what to call this one. I watched a YouTube tutorial on making the triangle units. There were bias edges, so I had to be re...