Saturday, March 20, 2010

Crazy Quilt


I was on a crazy quilt kick for a few years. This picture looks a little odd because there is a ray of sunlight going across the quilt.
There's no limit to what can be done with the crazy quilt method.
One time somebody at work wanted me to make a quilt with all the printed sweatshirts she had collected through the years. I couldn't cut a square out of the front of the shirts because they had raglan sleeves that angled towards the neckband. So I cut out a crazy quilt shape around the design, put it on a muslin foundation and sewed random strips around each one, then put sashing around each block. She really liked the end result, too bad I didn't get a picture of that one.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...