Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chicken Balls


I just finished typing a long blog post, then I hit the wrong button and everything disappeared- grrrr! Now I have to start over again.

I used to be a collector of chicken and rooster fabric, ornaments, etc, but it all got to be too much. I don't buy anything like that anymore. In fact, I'm not buying anything at all except for food, gas, propane and paying for vehicle maintenance. I made a New Year's resolution that I wasn't going to spend any money in 2010 unless I absolutely had to. But that's another long story, so I'll get back to the chickens.

This quilt top is one of many that's ripening in a box, waiting to be finished. One of these days I'll have to dig it out and quilt it. I think Lynda Balas may be responsible for the naming of this one, hehehe! It has hand applique, pieced blocks, four printed panels and a variety of chicken fabrics in the sashing.
I tried to use up some of the chicken fabric last year by making aprons for gifts, but that hardly put a dent in the stash.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...