Friday, March 5, 2010

Amish Pinwheels


Many years ago, my sister and I were looking in a quilting magazine. We saw a tiny picture of an Amish style pinwheel quilt. I had quite a few plain fabrics in my stash, so I told Linda I would make the quilt for her if we could figure out the size of the blocks, there was no pattern with the picture. It just about took a magnifying glass to see the details in the picture, but I managed to pick out fabrics that looked just about the same as the ones in the picture. I made the quilt and gave it to Linda.
Thank you to whoever it was that made the original quilt! I usually don't copy somebody else's work right down to the last detail like that, I like to add some originality. But in this case, I couldn't help myself, hehehe!

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...