Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Christmas quilt


This quilt could either be hung on a wall or used as a lap quilt. I made it to sell in a craft sale, but it never sold, so I gave it to my piano teacher for a gift.
I took piano lessons for years and never got anywhere with it. I was stubborn and wanted to learn, but my fingers always fumbled up and I'd hit the wrong keys. I finally got the message that I would never be good at it.

Two of the corners on this quilt looked a little wonky after it was quilted, so I appliqued doves on them. My motto is: never pick anything out if you can cover it up with a creative label or applique!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...