Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Quilt


The old memory is getting blurred here. I can't remember if I made this as a gift or if it's one that I sold.
I used to make baby quilts square, now I make them rectangle shaped. I figure they would fit better in a crib that way. I tend not to use babyish fabric prints, then the quilt can be used longer as the kid gets older.
I still have the baby quilts that I made for my daughter, just about 23 years ago. One of them has marks on the back of it from where it was sitting on the shelf in the closet. The shelf was made from particle board and it looks like glue stuff from the board went into the fabric of the quilt. Something to think about when storing quilts. That's probably why museums use acid free paper to wrap things in for storage.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...