Saturday, February 13, 2010

This quilt had a name, but now I don't remember what it was.


A few of these quilt block patterns came from the Debbie Mumm book "Quick Country Quilting". I arranged the blocks my own way and added extras. Each lady has a different colour of skin, representing the hope of unity in the world.
I'm kicking myself because I sold the quilt for $125. Is it worth putting all that work and energy into something to sell? A person can spend that amount of money in about 5 minutes in the grocery store. I always mourn for years after selling a quilt! But giving one away for a gift has a different feeling, it's like blessing someone with good energy (as long as they like the gift and it doesn't get flung with disgust into the corner).

No comments:

Stashbuster 2024 Is Completed

I'm in a Facebook group that picks a pattern each year and holds a stashbuster challenge. This year's pattern was Scrappy Irish Chai...