Thursday, February 18, 2010

Churn Dash With a Nine Patch


I made this quilt for a Christmas present for some friends many years ago. It was hand quilted, I didn't know much about machine quilting in those days. Please don't use bleach on quilts, folks! I saw this quilt a few years later and it looked like it had been washed over and over with strong bleach, the colour was just about completely stripped from it. Bleach not only takes out the colour, it weakens the fibres and the quilt will be ruined in no time flat. I know we're not supposed to
check up on the things we make after we give them away, a gift is meant to be given with no strings attached. I probably should have included washing instructions.
It's kind of a dilemma.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...