Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mom's quilt


This is totally off my beaten path- a pink and white quilt. My mom doesn't like bright colours and a billion different fabrics put together, so I had to restrain myself. Did end up sneaking in a little green and purple, though. Pink is my least favorite colour. I don't mind it when it's in a bold batik. Mom has been using this quilt on her bed for quite a few years now, I made a pillow and wall hanging to go with it. There isn't a place to hang the wall quilt where she lives now, so she gave it back to me.

2 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Oh, man. I really like it, though!
I recently made a quilt for my mom that was outside of what I'd normally work with - color-wise. It's HARD! :)
Karen

Psychoquilter said...

The source for this pattern is an old Quiltmaker magazine from many years ago. I think they called the pattern "Summer Breeze".

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...