Monday, February 1, 2010

Blue and Yellow


My sister and I were exchanging blue and yellow blocks over the period of several months. We noticed that we kept using bright yellows and dark blues, not the usual paler blue and yellow colour scheme. Then we started adding bits of red here and there to try to balance things out. We quit making the blocks when it seemed the colours were too bold and they would knock the eyeballs out of one's head.
I looked at my stack of blocks one day and put them together into a quilt that was smaller than the bed size one originally planned. Linda used her blocks to make placemats.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...