Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Former Quilt Shop


I used to have my own quilt shop, but it didn't work out and now I have to pay for it for the next billion years- groan! Once a year, I would have a vendor's booth at a quilt show somewhere. This is the last show I went to, in Abbottsford. I'm sitting on the left side of the table and my sister, Linda is on the right. Being a vendor was fun and hectic, but was kind of frustrating when somebody would have a bad credit card.
One of the funniest times was when somebody bought a book that I hadn't been able to sell for 5 years. This lady kept picking it up and looking at it. I was trying to project suggestions into her mind that she should buy it, lol! Then finally, she said
"Oh what the heck, I've always wanted this book, I'm going to buy it". I was so happy that I had to restrain myself, then when she left, I did the victory dance!
Now I have enough fabric left from the store to sink a battleship. I think I have a hoarder's complex, not wanting to get rid of it because I'll use it someday.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...