Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mystery Quilt


Our quilting guild works on a mystery quilt once a year. I haven't made one of the projects for a few years now because I'm working in another town and can't get to all the guild meetings. A few friends from work and I have started a new guild in a little
town that's close to here. The new guild is called "Steamboat Mountain Quilters".
We'll have to see if any of the ladies are interested in making a mystery quilt sometime in the future.
This is a picture of one of the mystery quilts that I made. I tried making a machine quilted cable border, but the cables look a little squished in some spots. They probably don't show up in the picture.

2 comments:

The Army of Four said...

I really love that one! Great job!
Karen

Psychoquilter said...

Thanks, Karen! I really want to learn better techniques for machine quilting. I found a blog that's jam packed full of great ideas
"Leah Day, 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting Filler Designs" Haven't tried any of them yet, but will used some of them on my next project.

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...