Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Ugly Quilt



This was a fun way to challenge myself, I purposely collected the ugliest fabrics I could find and put them all into one quilt. There were a few raised eyebrows when I asked sales ladies in fabric stores to show me the ugliest fabric in the shop.
Since I ended up with so much variety, I made the quilt two sided.
It was originally called "The Ugliest Quilt in the World" but the name was shortened to "the Ugly Quilt" after my daughter Lindsay claimed it and has been using it on her bed ever since. It now needs repair, back in those days I used invisible thread, not such a good choice. I don't use that thread anymore because after awhile it cuts the cotton thread that was used on the bobbin, comes undone and leave giant loops all over the place. It also wears away at the fabric. I'll borrow the quilt back one of these days and repair it. BOOO! to invisible thread!
The photos are kind of funny because there are people sitting on the couch and chair, all you can see are their legs. On the back of the quilt is my cat, Casper, who is getting close to 13 years old now.

4 comments:

The Army of Four said...

I think it's GREAT! It all works together!
Karen

Psychoquilter said...

Thanks, Karen! When I look at all the crazy prints in the quilt, it makes me want to start collecting weird and ugly fabrics again!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like getting your toes caught on fishing line in the middle of the night... Other than that, it's holding up pretty well. One or two of the fabrics seem to be beginning to wear out, but I don't think they were too sturdy in the first place.

Anonymous said...

....but in real life, it is beautiful!!!!

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...