Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quilt With Wool Batting


Many years ago I bought a wool quilt batt from a person who raised sheep. She took the wool to a place in Alberta that cards the wool into batts. I was able to make two quilts out of it, one double bed size, the other single.
I used the quilt on my bed for so many years that it wore to a frazzle. It kept
getting patched over and over again. It has a final use as a bed for my dog.
I'm happy that I took a picture of the quilt after it was first made because it sure doesn't look like that now! If I could get a fluffy wool batting like that again, it would be great, it was so nice and toasty to sleep under. The wool batts that are made commercially are nice, but are thin and compacted down.
There are a lot of pictures of my quilts that have the horrible red carpet and a blue flowered couch in the background. I lived with that for many years before finally getting laminate floor installed and a different second hand couch. My redecorating budget has always been $0.00. When I win the lottery I'll have a professionally decorated background for my pictures :D

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...