Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lone Star


This Lone Star quilt was the other picture that was published in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine the same time as my Log Cabin quilt.
It took me a year and a half to quilt by hand. I didn't know that you were supposed to stitch through the little bridge intersections when marking with a quilting stencil, so I left those areas with no stitching, oops! I felt silly when I realized that those parts were just to hold the stencil together, not part of the design! The whole quilt is done like that.
Some of the diamonds on the star are made with satin, I don't recommend that- it stretches, doesn't wear well and shouldn't be washed a lot. I didn't have a very big stash at the time and needed another light coloured fabric, so I used the satin.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...