Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tiny Town


My sister, Linda Huntrods made this postage stamp quilt and named it "Tiny Town". I love it!
A good example of why the smallest scraps of fabric shouldn't be thrown away.
I started to make a 16 patch and pinwheel quilt, but haven't had much time to sew lately. The 16 patches are cut from 1 1/2" squares, the pinwheels are 4 1/2".
It'll take a ton of these to make a quilt, but I love the look of all the tiny pieces.
I noticed that there is a trend in quilting magazines lately to make quilts with huge blocks. Instant gratification, I guess. I suppose it's ok if you want a project done in a hurry. There's a time and place for everything, but I prefer something that looks like a little effort was put into it.
That's my 2 cents worth for today. :)

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...