Saturday, June 12, 2010

1930s


This quilt is made from 1930's reproduction prints and some original fabrics from that time period. I bought a big box of fabric for $20 from somebody at work. Her grandma was moving from a house to an apartment, so she was getting rid of extra stuff. There was a lot of odds and ends in the box- old sheets, junky stuff, but also some treasures. The border on my quilt was made from an old fabric from that box. Plus there are pieces here and there in the quilt that are oldies.
I love that old fabric, the prints are really interesting.

3 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Lorna - I can't see the photo!
KZK

Psychoquilter said...

I keep trying to attach the picture, but there's an error on the page. The computer must be in a snit.

The Army of Four said...

There it is! (Blogger was giving me fits earlier, too.)
That's gorgeous! The border is perfect!
KZK

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...