Thursday, June 3, 2010

Comfort Quilt


This is another one of the comfort quilts our guild makes for local kids who are sick. Donna Madden made the crazy quilt blocks and somebody else finished the rest of the quilt.
I feel like i'm slowly sneaking back into the land of the living. I had some kind of flu this week that knocked me right down. Me, not being able to eat? Unheard of! Me, not being able to drink coffee? Totally absurd. Last night, I was finally able to eat some soup, even though it felt like there were people on both sides, stabbing knives into my ears. The soup agreed with me, so now I'm on the mend.
Now I have to get up enough gumption to drive back home, go and buy 2 birthday cakes, strawberries and whipped cream to take to my mom's birthday party on Friday. I might have to just throw the supplies in the general direction of the building so i don't give all of them the flu! No, i'll just keep my distance and let somebody else serve the cake and stuff. I'll quarantine myself in the far corner.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...