Thursday, June 10, 2010

Radiant Nine Patch



I'm back home and have access to my pictures now. I'll have to get the bugs worked out of putting pictures on a disk, then I'll be able to take them with me.
This quilt is called "Radiant Nine Patch". The pattern I followed had the light area right in the middle of the quilt. I didn't like that so much because it looked like a bottle of bleach got dumped on it. I chose to grade the fabrics from darkest in one corner to lightest in the opposite corner. That's a lot of little nine patches, it was quite a challenge to find all the fabrics for it. I added a few "punch" fabrics to add some life to it. It's mostly blue and black, but a tiny bit of red and green appears here and there. I ended up giving this quilt to my brother for his birthday. He had worn out the other quilt I made for him. No wonder- he had it on his bed for more than 20 years!

No comments:

Stashbuster 2024 Is Completed

I'm in a Facebook group that picks a pattern each year and holds a stashbuster challenge. This year's pattern was Scrappy Irish Chai...