Monday, June 14, 2010

Quilt Made in a Class


I took a class with **** ***** one time and I made this quilt. (I don't want to get in trouble by mentioning any names). I had just come out of the hospital after hernia surgery, and wasn't feeling very well, I had to get somebody else to carry my sewing machine. I didn't want to lose the money i paid for the class, lol!
I chose one of her house and yard patterns to make. Things went well, except she hated every one of my fabric choices in my quilt and made sure she let me know. It wasn't like there was a fabric kit we had to buy, we were using our own fabrics.
Oh well, I like to make my own choices and not have a clone of somebody else's quilt.
Shame on me! :)

2 comments:

Lynda B said...

Well Lorna. We love you anyhow...eccentric fabrics and all.

Anonymous said...

Sheila said...
You are your own person Lorna, and that is great. I really liked the piece that you did. With the combination of fabrics you used, it worked. I am enjoying your blog.

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...