Saturday, May 8, 2010

Quilters Gone Bad; The Poid


Our quilting guild had a challenge called "Memories of Childhood". The quilt had to contain a common fabric that we all used. This was my entry, it's called "The Poid".
When I was little, I thought a monster, named "the Poid" lived in the toilet.
I would leave the bathroom door open a bit so I could make a quick getaway. After I washed my hands, I would flush and run at top speed out of the bathroom to avoid been grabbed and pulled down into the toilet by the Poid.
This is a terrible picture, I'll have to take a better one. At the time, I had a Minolta camera that had a wonky viewfinder. No matter how hard I tried to centre the object in the picture, it would turn out bad. My daughter also had a Minolta that did the same thing, very frustrating.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...