Thursday, March 11, 2021

No Longer A UFO

About a month ago, I was sorting through stuff in the sewing hole and I discovered a bag with 106 batik blocks in it. I worked on these around 16 or 17 years ago. At the time, I got carried away and constructed enough blocks for just about two quilts. The first quilt was completed many years ago. The blocks were set on point and I named the quilt "Cobblestonia". I felt a little ashamed of myself for having so many "PIGS" (projects in grocery sacks). That spurred me on to dig around in the batik stash and make 46 more blocks. After the top was completed, I did some simple quilting on it, using a pea soup colour of Sew Fine thread. Linda H provided me with the cute Mary Engelbreit fabric for the back.

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...