Monday, March 15, 2021

Refurbishing The Millennium Quilt

It's hard to believe that Y2K was 21 years ago. I've been working on my Millennium quilt to give it a new lease on life.
I didn't like the machine stitching on the binding, so I picked it out and restitched by hand. There was a tear on the edge, so I replaced a section with new binding. The spliced in section isn't the same fabric, but it's close and hardly noticeable.
There was another hole along the edge of the binding and continued into one of the squares. I sewed a small label over that section.
Last of all, I sewed a small quilt block over a section where the dye bled from the front to the back. Now the quilt is all gussied up and ready for another 21 years.

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...