Saturday, March 20, 2021

Building A Log Cabin

Today might be National Quilting Day. Even if it's not I'll still work on building Log Cabin blocks. I'm doing a zigzag setting this time. The first Log Cabin quilt, which I made in 1990, used up my entire fabric stash. That quilt is just about worn out and has been repaired several times. It's time for a new one, but I'm not going to hand quilt it this time. Years ago, I used to hand quilt all of my quilts, those days are long gone. I don't have the patience anymore and my fingers are too old and stiff. I don't know what kind of quilting design to do on this one when the time comes, I'll have to put on the thinking cap.

2 comments:

Hrafnhildur Johannsdottir said...

Hei Lorna I'm hand quilting a Double Wedding Ring now because my daughter wants it that way. I'm rather enjoying it.

Psychoquilter said...

Hrafnhildur, that will be a beautiful quilt!

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...