Friday, February 22, 2019

Product Review: Northcott Colorworks Premium Solid

I use tons of plain black fabric, so I thought I'd buy a whole bolt. One time I had some black fabric that was rotten. I didn't realize the fabric was bad and used it in a queen size Trip Around The World quilt top. Shortly after that, the fabric store owner warned me, "Don't use that black fabric, it's rotten!". She refunded my money and sent the rest of the bolt back to the supplier. I had to pick apart the entire quilt top and remove all the black squares, replacing them with a different fabric. From that time on, I've been careful when buying plain black, I give it a torture test, pulling it in all directions to see if it's strong. I'm pleased to report that Northcott Colorworks Premium Solid is a good quality fabric. I also bought a bolt of plain light grey. It goes against my grain to spell it, "Colorworks" because I'm Canadian and we spell it "Colour", haha!

No comments:

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...