Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Well, I Tried

You would think quilting random loops would be rather simple- wrong. I thought the design I noticed on a paper napkin would be so easy. Instead of doodling on a piece of paper first, I jumped right in and started quilting, fast and furiously. I found that there's no way that I can make nice big and even loops, mine are all different sizes. This baby quilt is definitely not going to be an heirloom, it'll be put on the floor for the baby to crawl on. I have to accept that whatever ideas I have in my head don't necessarily work when I try to apply them. The colour of this quilt backing is actually a light lime green, the lighting in my house tonight is dull. The good news is, I'll be able to get the quilt finished by Monday's deadline, it's about three quarters quilted.

1 comment:

Psychoquilter said...

I did quite a bit more quilting on it tonight. When I stand back and look at the entire back of the quilt, I don't mind the quilting so much now. I think once it's washed and it gets the crinkly, out of the dryer look, it might be alright.

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...