Thursday, August 27, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Joy-Getch Sampler II

I posted a picture of this quilt a long time ago on here, but the photo wasn't very good, so here is a better shot. I completed the quilt in 2002, it was an ugly fabric block swap between Susan Getchell and myself. I hand quilted most of it, but then thought I'd never finish, so I machine quilted the rest. The quilt was dirty because I hand quilted it while we were camping, it needed to be washed after it was completed. Much to my dismay, the red colour ran out of one of the fabrics onto the light coloured background. I tried everything to get the colour out but nothing worked. I ended up doing some appliqué, embroidery and embellishments to disguise some of it. I guess it doesn't look too bad now. I'm trying to take better pictures of some of the quilts that I still have. I never used to have a photo backdrop frame to hang them up on, so they were draped over things or laid out on the floor. Also, I used to have a terrible Minolta film camera that had a wonky viewfinder. It was impossible to centre the image with that thing. I take pictures of my quilts so there is documentation- after I'm dead and gone, people will know what I did with my life. :)

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...