Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wildlife Quilt Completed

The wildlife quilt is all finished except for a label. My goal was to finish it before the end of June, so I'm ahead of schedule. I was trying to keep the quilting simple, so I stitched in the ditch along the edges of the blocks, then made wavy lines across, vertically and horizontally. I used tan Invisifil thread for this because I didn't want the thread to show up too much on the picture blocks. I got a little carried away on the border with leaves. On the hiking boot print I used a cream variegated King Tut thread, the dark border has brown to gold variegated rayon thread. For the binding, I used the same fabric as the dark border. The quilting doesn't show up very much on the border, but it shows up quite well on the back.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...