Thursday, May 28, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Purple Block Swap

In July 1998, I was involved in a six inch purple block swap with the Quilters Funtalk internet group. I assembled the blocks, using a different fabric to sash each block. I hand quilted most of it, then it sat in a closet for a few years. I eventually dug it back out and finished the quilting by machine. I haven't hand quilted for years, I don't think I would have the patience to do it anymore. There are quite a few things I would do differently if I worked on this quilt now, I don't really like the dark border on it. Also, there are a few blocks that are upside-down, I didn't realize it until the quilt was completed. This square quilt is a little hard to find a use for- too short to use on a bed, too big to hang on a wall. Nothing I can do about it now, oh well. The blocks are all really nice, thanks to the friends in the group.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's cute! Could be a wall hanging? I can't even tell which blocks are upside down, and I really like the hand quilting.

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...