Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sidetracked Again

I was trying to move a giant box of scraps in my porch, then it tipped over. I tried to pick it up, the box ripped and the fabric spilled out onto the floor. As I was picking it up, I thought I better take some of scraps, iron them, then cut them into useful sizes. Scraps always seem to multiply, the more you use, the more will appear. The rest of the fabric was shoved into a few smaller boxes. I like cutting leftover fabric into 2 1/2 inch squares, a very handy size. Of course, I ended up getting sidetracked AGAIN. I was supposed to be finishing the wildlife quilt that was shown in a previous post. I saw a pattern in a 2006 American Patchwork magazine. It was a blue and white quilt made from 4 patches alternating with a square. The pieces in the pattern were cut four inches, so the 4 patch ended up being quite big. I thought I could reduce the size and use 2 1/2 inch squares for the 4 patches and alternate with a 4 1/2 inch square. Instead of just blue and white like the pattern, I chose scrappy. Here is what I've done so far, I'll just keep adding rows until it's big enough for a twin size bed.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...