Thursday, May 21, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Mom's Knitting Needles

Last week someone from work said that she would like to learn to knit, I told her that I could help her, but I realized that I haven't knit anything for more than twenty years, would I still know how? I saw a free dishcloth pattern on Craftsy, so I thought I would try it to brush up on my skills , then be able to help my friend. I went to look for knitting needles, but couldn't find them, I forgot that I let my daughter have them. I thought for a bit, then remembered that I had my mom's knitting needle collection here somewhere. I found the needles in a dresser that used to belong to her. It seems the motion of knitting idles somewhere in the brain because it all came back to me when I started the dishcloth pattern. I added ten more stitches to make the dishcloth a little bigger. Mom has been gone for just about five years now, I really miss her, but I'm happy to say, her knitting needles are clicking away once again. I don't know how old these needles are, but I think they must be from several decades ago.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...