Thursday, February 26, 2015

Throwback Thursday; Crocheting

When I was nine years old, I kept pestering my Aunt Lorena until she taught me to crochet. My first doily looked like a cone, it wouldn't lay flat, but it didn't take long for me to get better at it. My mom's friend, Kit found out that I liked to crochet, so she gathered up a bunch of odds and ends of yarn for me. I loved that bag of yarn, I made all kinds of items with it! This is a picture of a little bag that I made when I was around 10, it's the only relic left of the hundreds of things I made during the years of my childhood. I really appreciate the people who believed in me and encouraged me as I was growing up. You never know what kind of lasting impression you can make!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...