Friday, February 6, 2015

New Potholders for Anna-Marie

I had a request for some potholders recently. My friend, Anna-Marie called and asked if I would make some new ones for her, the ones I made more than 10 years ago were completely worn out. I was happy to honour this request, so I went digging in my stash. Since Anna-Marie loves wildlife, I used moose fabric on the front with a simple block pattern so they would be featured. Bear fabric became the backing. I didn't need to put hanging loops on them because she folds them over her stove handle. Maybe I should make potholders more often and not make her wait 10 or more years for new ones. :)
I delivered the new potholders to Anna-Marie and I took a picture of the old ones. Ha! Ha! Look at these things, they're not even safe anymore, there are holes right through!
I hope the old potholders will find a new home in the garbage can!

1 comment:

Judy said...

What a nice friend you are.

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...