Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"Paisley Garden" by Linda H.

"Paisley Garden" is a quilt that Linda H made and I quilted. Linda says, "Where I got the idea for the quilt was Quilt Sampler Fall/Winter 2006. It was called Indian Summer by Rachel Brown. I used the block and similar colours but I didn't trim the blocks and add borders. I added the blue setting triangles and then added the borders." This project took a long time to complete, Linda made the top ages ago, then I offered to quilt it for her. It took three quilting retreats and several hours at home for me to do the quilting. (I am rather slow) Then the quilt sat around for a few years before Linda put the binding and label on it. It's finally finished- yay! Linda will take another picture of it in the spring when she can put the backdrop frame outside to hold it up. The quilt is so huge, the frame couldn't be raised up high enough in the house to show it.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...