Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Stained Glass

In the early 90s, I took three different classes on stained glass at the Red Deer College in the Summer Series art and craft classes. I bought all the equipment and glass that was needed to do the craft at home. I made several different projects, most were given away for gifts. It was rather heartbreaking to do many hours of work on some things, only to have them crack. One time I made a large picture featuring magnolia flowers and branches, the window behind it was open and the glass crashed to the floor. I couldn't even look at it as I packed it up and put it away. I meant to eventually repair it, but never did. Now my home doesn't have a workshop to do this type of craft. I still have all the equipment, maybe someday I'll get back at it if I rig up an area to do it. I found it kind of limiting because there are only so many windows to display glass and it's not as popular as it once was.

No comments:

Apron

I just finished making this apron. The picture of it on a hanger didn't turn out great because the apron was folding in on itself. I was...