Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wall Hanging by Linda H.

Linda Huntrods made this wall hanging quite a few years ago, it's called "Little Pine". The quilt was only 20 1/2" square and the tree block was only 4 3/4" square. She made two of them and gave one away. She still has the other one. It might be able to hang on a wall somewhere because it is pretty small. Linda doesn't make many wall quilts anymore because the house she has now doesn't have much wall space, there are a lot of windows. We have to be careful where quilts are displayed, too much sun can really fade them. I learned that lesson the hard way when one of them got ruined. Now I tend to make more bed quilts because the bedrooms don't have sunlight flooding in.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...