Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Nanny's Quilt

This quilt was made in 2011 for my daughter, Lindsay and her boyfriend, Nelson. One time Nelson's grandma, who they call "Nanny", asked if I wanted a bag of old fabrics. I gladly accepted them, then the bag sat in a closet for quite some time. In 2011, I took the bag out and washed all the fabrics and quilt blocks. I assembled them with other blocks and fabrics I received from other elderly ladies. I made some crazy quilt blocks to go with them. Some of the original blocks were kind of wonky, so I made mine to match the style. I did a ton of quilting all over to really hold everything together. The fabrics are very old, so I wanted to make sure everything was stable. One of Nanny's favourite things to say is "So be it.", so I wrote that on the back of the quilt.

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...