Sunday, October 3, 2010

Maple Leaf


My sister, Linda Huntrods made this Maple Leaf quilt. At first, she was going to give this as a gift to ....., I won't mention any names. The quilt was a tremendous amount of work and she'd grown quite attached to it and wanted to keep it, so another quilt was made instead which was equally as nice. The quilt was given away to this person, there was no thank you, not one word was ever mentioned about it. It was like the quilt disappeared into the great abyss. I guess some people just don't appreciate the months of work, the big cost of fabric and supplies and the good thoughts that go into making a quilt. It would have been better if the woman gave the quilt back to Linda, saying "sorry, quilts aren't my thing, I don't want it"
At least in that case, it wouldn't end up in the landfill or be put in a garage sale or whatever possibly happened with it. That's my rant for the day :)

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...