Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Femme A La Fesille



I entered a quilt challenge at a local fabric store. The theme was "What Inspires".
Two leaf print fabrics had to be purchased and used in the quilt. What inpires me is the work of Picasso, so I made a version in fabric of his painting "Femme A La Fesille". I didn't copy it exactly, but used the painting for a guideline. I've included a picture of the painting and my quilt for comparison.
When I had my fabric store, I had this quilt on the wall. A customer came in and said "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!" LOL! Either you love abstract art or you hate it, each person is entitled to their own opinion :)

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...