Monday, April 12, 2010

Crazy Quilt


This is a crazy quilt that I made quite awhile ago. It's a very messy thing, making a quilt like this. Strips and scraps dumped out everywhere. Even though it looks random, I think about each colour, shape and print of the piece before I sew it on.
Then, of course, I have to dump out boxes and bags of scraps, looking for just the right piece. Right in the middle of this chaos, somebody usually comes over and sees the explosion of fabric and questions my sanity. Or else I'll have to clear everything off if there are guests coming for dinner. That's the downfall of sewing at the kitchen table. When I win the lottery, I'll have a nice big sewing studio!

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...