Saturday, April 3, 2010

Edna's wall hanging




I made this wall hanging for Mom to go with a quilt that I made for her. (That is Edna in the picture.) One of the blocks is from the "Country Bride" quilt pattern book. I got tired of appliqueing that pattern after the first block, I was originally going to make a bed quilt. I made some different blocks to go with it and it became a wall quilt. It's quilted by hand, you can see all the stitching on the second picture.
Now my Mom doesn't have any room on her wall for it because she lives in a senior's facility, so the quilt is folded up in my closet. I don't really care for pink but I put a lot of work into it and won't get rid of it. But if somebody paid $1000, I might consider selling it, hehe!

No comments:

Baptist Fans!

I finally worked up the gumption to try the Fab 5 Baptist Fan Ruler Set that I ordered from Michael Davison, Quarter Squared Quilt Company. ...