Saturday, December 18, 2021

Friday Finish

Hot off the press! It was finished last night. I don't know the name of this quilt pattern, I made one like it years ago, but with smaller half-square triangles. There was a small stack of these blocks that I made a long time ago. I got busy and made a bunch more so there were enough for this project. It is quilted with all-over feathers, which I learned from Stitched By Susan. My feathers turned out smaller and more compact than Susan's. Without having a long arm machine, it's necessary to move the quilt around as I stitch. It'll have to do. The lovely fabric on the back came from Connecting Threads. I buy most of my wide backing fabric from there, the price is extremely reasonable.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I like it. I work with scraps a lot. I will have to try to make one like yours.

Psychoquilter said...

The half-square triangles in this quilt started with 3 1/2" squares. I had a big bin of that size already cut, so I decided to use them

A Quilt For Dorothy

Geo's aunt, Dorothy requested a brown quilt for the couch in her living room. This is what I came up with. The colour and size are the o...