Saturday, December 4, 2021

Christmas Placemats

I had to re-buy the Take 4 placemat pattern. I couldn't find the old one anywhere, it's hiding in my sewing room. This set is a gift for a friend. The good thing about Christmas placemats or pot holders is, they can be used for the season, then put away. I don't have to worry about trying to match somebody's decor. Well, some people might be fussy with that too, only decorating in silver or a certain theme. I won't be giving anything to those kind of people, they are out of my league, haha! The last photo was taken at an angle to try to get the quilting to show up. I'm trying to get a little better at capturing the true colours and textures of the fabrics with my camera. Lindsay, my offspring was giving me some advice about that. Hopefully, my photos will start looking better.

No comments:

Throwback Thursday: Vest Making Class From 1987

After I joined the local quilting guild in 1987, I took a class on making quilted vests. At the time, I couldn't find any 100% cotton f...