Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Use For Leftover Quilt Batting

I found a way to use strips of leftover quilt batting- dustmop covers. A 5"X 27" piece of cotton batting will make one cover. I folded the ends over about 5" on each end and zigzagged all the way around. The measurements are approximate, as long as it doesn't fall off the frame, any size will do. I couldn't believe all the dust and cat hair it picked up. Wider strips of batting get used up in table runners and potholders, but now I have a use for the skinny pieces. Several sections can be sewn together if they aren't big enough. I haven't tried washing one to see if it holds up in the machine. these skinny strips would be disposed of anyway. I can't see making thousands of coasters to try to use up bits of batting. :)

No comments:

Thermos Bag By Linda H.

Linda has been making Thermos bags for her friends. She measures each Thermos and makes the bag to fit. What a great idea!